The key to health is strong, healthy bowel flora which act as a defence system against illness.
Fermentation is all about building a vast array of bowel flora to bolster the immune system. The following recipes are simple to make and something you can keep in the fridge. I suggest taking raw kefir on an empty stomach. Take spoonfuls of the Sauerkraut as desired or add into salads.
1 hard cabbage sliced through a food processor
1 tsp celtic seasalt
- Combine in a bowl and massage until it starts to produce liquid.
- Cram into a kilner jar pressing the mixture down hard to avoid air pockets.
- Fold an outer cabbage leaf and place on top of mixture and force lid down.
- Store in airing cupboard for 3 days and then refrigerate.
- Eating a little with each meal is an excellent aid to digestion.
1 hard cabbage
1” stick of raw ginger
- Put all ingredients through the slicer on a food processor.
- Follow recipe above.
Order a sachet of culture on-line.
You can use green coconut water with a water kefir or coconut yoghurt or a sachet of culture for milk kefir.
- Gently warm either green coconut water or - my preference is raw goats milk - in a pan to take away the cold.
- Place the culture in a medium sized kilner jar and pour the liquid over it.
- Leave in airing cupboard for 12 hours, then refrigerate and it is ready for use.
- Have a little first thing in the morning or between meals as it is more beneficial on an empty stomach.