This is a delicious, healthy, dinner party dessert for anyone and easy to make. Vegan and gluten free; for those who are on an anti-candida or no sugar diet, liquid stevia can be substituted for agave nectar. If omitting the dates then add an additional half mug of almonds or pecans and sweeten with a tablespoon of xylitol or 6 drops of liquid stevia.
- 1 mug of almonds soaked overnight
- 1 mug of pecans lightly toasted in the oven for 5 minutes at £160 deg C
- 15 Medjool dates stoned and chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 150g cashew nuts soaked in water for 2-4 hours
- 2 small avocados peeled and stoned
- pinch celtic sea salt
- 1 vanilla pod ground in nut or coffee grinder
- 100ml agave nectar (or alternatively, use liquid stevia, 6 drops or to taste)
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 rounded tablespoons coconut oil
- juice of 5 limes
Strawberries and kiwis thinly sliced
A round silicon 18cm cake tin.
- Food process crust ingredients and press hard down into silicon mould. Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Food process cashew nuts and then add all other ingredients (apart from kiwis and strawberries) and continue to process until smooth.
- Take base from fridge and spoon on green filling.
- Freeze until 4 hours before needed.
- Remove from silicon cake tin and place on decorative plate.
- Decorate with strawberries and kiwis.
- Keep in fridge until ready to serve.