Chickpea Burger ingredients
- * 2 Tbsp olive oil
- * 11⁄2 cups onions, minced
- * 3 cloves garlic, minced
- * 1 tsp ground cumin
- * 1 cup grated carrot
- * 13⁄4 cup organic tinned chickpeas
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp tahini
- * 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- * 1/3 cup chick pea flour
- juice from 1⁄2 lemon
* Cup = American cup measures (in most cookshops)
Yield: 4 burgers
Time: 20 minutes
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil and sauté the onions over medium heat, stirring frequently, until they soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, and carrot and sauté for two more minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl or food processor and add the chickpeas. Mash or process until mushy. Stir in tahini and parsley.
- Combine stir flour into chickpea mixture.
- Flour your hands, shape mixture into four patties, and dust them with flour.
- Place on tray under grill, paint with olive oil and lightly brown. Do the same to the other side. Serve with lime relish.
- 4 oz/100g carrot grated
- Half a cucumber grated
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- Half a lime, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated root ginger
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon or orange juice
- A little apple cider vinegar
*All ingredients can be sourced organically.