Aftercare advice for Colon Hydrotherapy Clients
- Follow any specific advice on diet, supplements, exercise etc., given to you by your practitioner.
- Don’t overeat. Eat simply cooked, raw food or soup and chew well. A diet rich in vegetables (especially leafy) will add to the cleansing effect and help to regulate bowels.
- Eat red meat once or twice a week; white meat and fish are much easier to digest.
- Avoid lots of mucous forming foods like refined grains and dairy products.
- A small amount of water is absorbed during the colonic treatment, and you may notice an increased need to urinate. This is normal and will subside quickly.
- Drink plenty of fluids. If your digestion is weak, don’t drink with meals or for 30 minutes before or 1 hour after meals. Avoid alcohol for at least 48 hours.
- You may experience flatulence and bowel sounds – this is due to the bowel bacteria multiplying back up to strength for up to 48 hours after treatment. Probiotic supplements/foods may be useful and vegetables will help.
- If griping occurs, drink hot Peppermint, Fennel or Chamomile infusions and avoid cold drinks, carbonated drinks and gassy foods.
- Don’t expect a bowel movement the next day; depending upon your condition, it may take several days before normal bowel movements resume.
- Avoid rigorous exercise and weightlifting for 24 hours after treatment.
- If you experience any continued discomfort, telephone your therapist.